- AFIA - Portuguese Association of Automotive Suppliers is the association that links and represents the automotive suppliers, both at the national and international level.
AFIA was founded in 1979 as an autonomous association under the 78th section of the Portuguese Industrial Association, and including since 1996 national manufacturers of components, parts and accessories.
- AFIA help to develop the members as suppliers to the automotive industry by:
- Being their representative to the industrial and public authorities and the media, in Portugal as well as abroad;
- Creating meeting places to increase the exchange of information and to strengthen the relations between the suppliers;
- Initiating activities to increase competence and support internationalisation.
Since its foundation, AFIA has been a member of CLEPA - European Association of Automotive Suppliers.
AFIA has a close relationship of collaboration with other similar Associations, namely:
With a significance impact in the Portuguese Economy, this sector, which is characterised by its transversality, has been assuming an ever greater role in the development of the Portuguese Industry and in the Trade Balance.